Please note that this vacancy is now closed. However, we're always looking for engaged tenants who
share our vision of building thriving communities. Find out more about how you can get involved here.
We're looking for Tenant Board Members
- Are you a Southway Housing tenant?
- Do you care about your area and your community?
- Do you understand the wants and needs of your neighbours and community?
- Do you believe you can be part of something bigger?
- Are you committed to creating positive change?
We're looking for passionate and dedicated tenants, who share our vision of building thriving communities in Manchester, to join our Parent Board. If you answered 'yes' to those questions, a place on our Board might be the perfect role for you!
Ready to apply? Click here to jump to the application.
About the role
As a non-profit, community-based housing provider, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, and aspire to a governance structure made up people from all backgrounds to help us make a real difference to the lives of people in our neighbourhoods.
Our tenant board members are a vital part of that. So, if you share our passion for making Manchester a place people can be proud of and want to play a bigger part in making things better for our communities, we’d love for you to join us.
Joining Southway’s Board will absolutely broaden your horizons and is well worth doing! The skills and experience you have as a Southway tenant cannot be offered by anyone else; your time and skills are really valuable, and you can absolutely make a difference.Sam MacWilliam, Former Chair of Southway's Parent Board
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, our Governance Team are on hand at email@example.com to help you with any questions you might have, including additional background information and more detail on the recruitment process.
How to apply
1. Please download and read the Recruitment Pack for the role. It contains more detail about the role and responsibilities of a Southway Board member.
Download the Recruitment Pack here
2. When you are ready, you can apply using the Application Form at the bottom of this page.
If you would prefer to complete a paper copy of your application, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one. They can also assist if you need reasonable adjustments making for any part of the recruitment process.
You can also read more about the work of our Boards and Committees and how we are run here.