From April 1st, your rent will decrease by 1%.

You must report this rent decrease as a change of circumstances to the Department of Work and Pensions.

Universal Credit claimants will receive a prompt on their online account. This will appear as a ‘To-Do’, titled ‘Report any changes to your housing costs.’ You’ll then need to answer the following questions:

Question: Has your rent or service charge changed?

Answer: You will need to input your new monthly rent charge, which will have been confirmed in the rent letters we sent you.

Question: Do you wish to report any other changes to your housing?

Answer: This depends on whether any other changes have occurred, such as if someone has left or moved into the property.

Question: When did your rent or service charge change?

Answer: 1st April 2019

Report this change of circumstances as soon as possible. Failing to do so could result in you being sanctioned by the DWP.

Click here to be redirected to GOV.UK and log into your UC account.

If you have any queries about your claim, contact our Universal Credit Officer, Nadine Currie, on 0161 448 4263.