In February, all Southway tenants received a letter stating the new rent they will need to pay from April 4th (if you are in arrears) or April 11th (if you have no arrears).

If you claim Universal Credit, you also need to make sure you report your new rent to the DWP in your online Universal Credit account. You should do this as soon as possible – but no later than the end of your monthly assessment period.

Even if you have your Universal Credit paid directly to Southway, you still need to report the increase.

If you don't, you may lose out on money you are entitled to. 

Read how to do so by clicking here. Details of how to report your new rent are also included in the booklet you received with your rent increase notification letter.