We're looking for volunteers who are passionate about inclusivity to help oversee and develop a disability discovery project!
Breakthrough UK is a Manchester-based disabled people’s organisation, led by disabled people to support other disabled people to work and live independently. We’ve partnered up with Breakthrough UK to undertake this project, with the aim of supporting Southway tenants and staff with a disability and/or long-term health conditions to thrive.
We're on a journey towards making Southway an inclusive, supportive place for all our staff and tenants. A big part of this is enabling anyone to have a say in what we do, and this project presents a fantastic opportunity for us to learn and grow together.
The ideal candidate will be available to volunteer for two hours a month, and will join a steering group responsible for:
- Overseeing the development of the work.
- Supporting and proactively facilitating the Disability Discovery Project Co-ordinator’s connection to relevant colleagues, departments, and networks to enable data collection and co-design.
- Supporting the creation of the conditions to enable the project to thrive – promoting co-production, barrier removal and enabling people to participate.
- Facilitating and encouraging system-wide and departmental engagement in the project.
- Identifying and addressing any challenges blocking project objectives.
- Supporting and advising on the development of the project.
- Agreeing the project plan with key objectives, timescales, and key performance indicators
- Considering evaluation and final report, including project recommendations for subsequent developments in this work.
- Supporting the socialisation of the results of the project.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 18th October. The Steering group will meet monthly between October 2023 and January 2024.
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Devon Poyser by emailing: email@example.com
For any additional information, please email Katy from Breakthrough UK at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are lots of ways to get involved with us and what we do. To find out more, please click here.