- Read the latest advice from the Government here
- Read the latest advice from the NHS here
- Read the latest advice from Manchester City Council here (email updates available)
- Local advice for if you live in Tameside here, Trafford here, and Cheshire East here
Southway is continuously monitoring the Coronavirus situation locally and following Government advice. The safety and wellbeing of customers and staff is our highest priority. We will be continuing to deliver key services but in the safest ways possible.
REPAIRS UPDATE 04/08/2020
We are now able to resume our full repairs service from Wednesday 5th August.
Since lockdown began, it has been necessary to run a reduced repairs service to keep our tenants and staff as safe as possible. During this time, we’ve exclusively carried out emergency repairs and gas servicing appointments. As we return to our full service, we now have a a significant backlog of repairs to attend to. We have been contacting tenants to arrange these repairs since 29th July, with the aim of completing all backlogged repairs by the end of October.
We will be taking new repairs from the 5th August, which can be reported by calling our Customer Hub. Our online repairs portal is currently still suspended, although it may be used to request a callback from our Hub Team. All repairs will be scheduled based on their urgency.
Due to the backlog, we’ve had to review our timescales for the completion of repairs:
- Emergency repairs will remain unchanged and still be completed within 24 hours.
- Urgent repairs will be extended from 5 working days to 10 working days
- Routine repairs from 10 working days to 40 working days.
- For any major repair works, we will contact customers to arrange surveyor visits, with the aim of completing this over the remainder of this financial year (before 31st March 2021).
These timescales will be continuously reviewed and improved on, if at all possible. It is important to note that these timescales may be affected by any Covid-19 outbreaks, either locally or within our workforce, as well as any re-instated lockdown measures. We will continue to monitor the situation locally and adjust our service as necessary.
As our operatives may be entering your home, we must be aware of social distancing measures and ensure we are all following the government's guidelines. If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid19, self-isolating, or have visited a country of high risk, it is critical that you inform us of this before we undertake any home visit or repair. Please also do not be offended if you are asked additional questions before a visit, as it is for everyone’s safety.
All staff who carry out repairs or home visits have been trained on the additional precautionary measures required at this time, to ensure your safety and their own.
For more information see "Service Changes" below, which we will update as and when there are any changes to our policy.
We will update this area as and when new information becomes available.