We have been doing our best to carry out repairs and deliver other services to your home during the pandemic, but with changing government restrictions, and our own staff being affected by Covid-19 and isolation rules, there are a few crucial updates to our services and timescales. We appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
The service changes below will cover the time period starting Monday 16th November, until the end of December 2020.
Booking a repair
When you book a repair, it will be put into one of the categories below.
We will aim to complete the repair within the timescales given:
- Emergency Repairs to be completed within 24 hours; This repair priority will only be used when there is an immediate threat to the health, safety or security of a customer, occupant or property.
- Urgent Repairs; we will aim to complete these within 20 days, however, we will aim to do the highest priority repairs within 10 days. An urgent repair is classed as something that seriously affects your comfort such as an intermittent leak or isolated failure of electric points or radiators.
- Non-urgent repairs (low priority); These will be held in a backlog, reviewed monthly and released as capacity becomes available. (example: internal doors, gates, fence panels, tile replacements)
- Major Works; If deemed urgent we aim to provide an appointment within 20 days of the assessment. Other major works e.g. major plastering works, external works (fencing & gates), painting (excluding mould treatment), brickwork, and paving, will be put into a longer-term schedule of works.
- Non-urgent follow on works; If your property has an already identified follow on job this will be completed within 40 days.
- Service delay; We have a backlog of routine repairs leftover from the lockdown earlier this year; we now aim to complete these by the end of December.
We apologise in advance for any changes that have to be made to your appointments at this time.
Additional service arrangements - Neighbourhood Services
For general housing or tenancy matters (not rent or repairs) that are not resolved on first contact:
Due to the unprecedented demand on our services (combined with staff shortages as a result of lockdown and COVID 19) we are currently prioritising requests for our Neighbourhood Services Team based on urgency. It therefore may take officers up to 5 working days to respond to your request (this will also apply to email contact.)
We will continue to try and deal with urgent requests within 24 hours.
Urgent requests are generally reporting issues that pose a threat to the health and safety of our customers.
Please be assured that we are keen to resume normal service as soon as possible and are working hard to achieve this. We thank you for your understanding and patience at this difficult time.
Health and Safety when Southway Housing Trust visits your home
To protect yourself and our staff, it is essential that you follow our health and safety guidelines when we visit your home and you will be asked a number of questions before we visit:
If you do not follow these guidelines, our staff members have been instructed to leave the property.