In February, all Southway tenants received a letter stating the new rent they will need to pay from April 6th (if you are in arrears) or April 13th (if you have no arrears). If you claim Universal Credit, you also need to make sure you report your new rent to the DWP in your online Universal Credit account. You should do this on 6th April or as soon as possible after – but no later than the end of your monthly assessment period.

Even if you have your Universal Credit paid directly to Southway, you still need to report the increase.

If you don't, you may lose out. Wath our video above to find out how.