Content Start

Register for Re-Housing

To get a Southway home - or a home rented from other not-for-profit landlords in the area - you must 'register' for rehousing.

The quickest way to register is to do it online through the Homefinder website. (Homefinder is a 'choice-based letting' system run by Manchester City Council and other not-for-profit landlords).

Register for rehousing (Homefinder website)

If you don't want to use the internet, or have any questions, contact us.

What happens next?

Each person that applies for rehousing is given their own unique application number and will be placed into one of six priority bands depending on their individual circumstances.  You are more likely to receive an offer of rehousing if you are deemed to have high priority. This could be because you're threatened with homelessness, or you're suffering from overcrowding, a relationship breakdown, harassment, a medical condition or another serious situation. Or it may be because you have a connection to a certain area because through a current or previous tenancy.

Working Households.

If you work for 16 hours a week or more, and have done for nine of the last twelve months, or you do voluntary work. you may be entitled to extra rehousing priority. Don't forget to mention this when you submit your application  

Look on Homefinder too

When you register for rehousing you'll be considered for homes run by all the landlords in the 'Manchester Housing Register' (Homefinder website). But it's a good idea to look on Homefinder too.